I really do like a simplistic/modern when it comes to house decor, but i feel like i can’t help but want to personalize my vanity/makeup area when i see all of these other gorgeous spaces online posted by girls everywhere. I’ll be talking about a few simple ways breathe air into your space if you feel it’s lacking personality.
- First and foremost, if you have TONS of makeup like myself, you are going to need a place for storing it all. Luckily i have many drawers and cupboards that are barely enough space for all my makeup. Those cupboards are full of organizational baskets and plastic organizers that you can buy online or from places like target or Walmart. They also have plastic stacked bins that slide in & out that will serve as maximum makeup storage & organization if you do not have drawers and cupboards vacant.
- Now the seat, get yourself a nice comfy chair that you love. I love the look of these weaved grass type chairs and i love the height of this ones back piece! It’s like a throne. I keep a little matching pillow on it for back support/comfort. 🙂
- Match your accessories; whether it be color, pattern or both! It’s just a fact of life that a space pulled together with matching beautiful towels, rugs and candles etc, makes us humans happy and it’s obv. more appealing to the eye. ❤ Go to Walmart or target or even the dollar store sometimes, they have tons of bathroom sets for great prices!
- Lighting is SO important guys! If you are doing your makeup in a dark area you are not going to achieve the results you want. Natural lighting is clearly the best option but if you have a designated makeup spot with no windows, you should probably invest in some nice vanity lights! Talk about brightening up your space. 😉 I took a picture of two bulbs but there’s at least 10 of these guys running across the top of my mirror. These are big bulbs that produce lots of light and makes it super easy to do my makeup with better detail.
- Get yourself a nice sleek mirror for close up occasions, those moments where you’re gonna need a closer look at what you are doing. Keep it clean and on your vanity table for a nice touch. ❤
- Put out your favorite perfumes, not just because you’ll be using them often, but they always look very elegant & classy sitting on a vanity table.
- Clear a spot to keep some commonly used items, whether it’s nail polish, lipsticks, or foundation. Just keep it neatly placed in an acrylic organizer for easy access! 🙂
- Add some plant life; get a bundle of flowers and put them in a nice vase or get a bamboo plant like me! 🙂 This really adds a nice lively touch to the space.
- Get a few accessories/nik-nacs that you love and if you have room, place them somewhere on your vanity table/area! I have a few small things shown above.
- If you have any wall space incorporated into your makeup area, USE IT! Nothing personalizes a space better than your most favorite works of art, paintings, drawings, posters etc. Or in my case, i painted something personally for it. Since i barely had any wall space for this, i wanted to paint something special for the area that had to do with cosmetics & beauty and what i love. ❤
It’s important to surround yourself with beauty in more ways than just physical. This is a pretty space, and i love doing my makeup here but more importantly it the fact that wanting to keep this area so beautiful and nice, keeps me organized and very clean with it. That helps me mentally more than anything, because i really can’t tolerate clutter at this point in my life. So, not only does brightening up/organizing your makeup area right now make you happy, but it will help you strive to keep it that way and keep you happy. ❤
Thanks for reading! Leave comments & thoughts for me, hope you all had a great weekend! Ready for work? 🙂 I’m adding lot’s of goodies into my Halloween Giveaway keep checking for it! ❤