So i came across these two palettes at Walmart while i was doing some shopping. I figured for the price i could try them both out, and compare & review them on here for you guys! I’m always open to trying cheaper palettes & products even though i tend to lean more towards brand name makeup. All you really need is the know how, if you are skilled at applying makeup you can make something out of nothing, or in this case, making the most out of a cheap palette.
The larger palette to the left is the L’Oreal LA Palette NUDE 1. The smaller one to the right is the Maybelline “The Nudes” Palette. The smaller palette has two more color choices but the L’Oreal palette has elongated pans with much more product to use.
(L’Oreal LA Palette NUDE 1)
(Maybelline “The Nudes” Palette)
So, let’s compare. There are some very similar shades in this palette, such as the shimmer browns and gold colors. But here are some differences i noticed while swatching/playing around with these shadows:
- The L’Oreal shadows are extremely velvety soft to the touch and apply like a dream to a primed eyelid.
- The Maybelline shadows take a little more effort to get good color pay off, i had to layer it on to see the true color.
- The L’Oreal shadows have a nicer shimmer formula, they truly look metallic and dazzling on the skin.
- The maybelline shadow pan that is in matte black actually had a nice formula, blendable and pigmented. Would purchase it again as a single.
- The L’Oreal shadows are all very easily blendable & nicely pigmented.
Overall, i definitely would say i prefer the L’Oreal LA palette NUDE 1. It would be ideal for traveling since its sleek and thin, length really doesn’t matter if your slipping it into a big bag or suitcase. It also has a long mirror inside & snaps shut tight. Very wearable everyday shades that can be dressed up or down beautifully depending on occasion. The colors seem very well rounded and can be used around each other in many different looks. They also seem like more appealing, luxurious shades of nude all together. This one was a little more, it costs about $15.00 USD but it’s definitely worth it for some nice silky eyeshadows to throw in your collection. I believe the Maybelline palette was around $10.00 USD. Try one out for yourself!